The MORECAMBE BAY SAILING ASSOCIATION is a joining together of local sailing clubs in order to co-ordinate effort if concerted action is required and also to co-ordinate sailing events to try to make them bigger, more successful and enjoyable for all.
Mark Brammer is the Chairman & Lorraine Bibby Secretary / Treasurer, present member clubs are Morecambe Sailing Club, Glasson SC, Barrow SC, Roa Island BC, Blackpool & Fleetwood YC, Fleetwood Harbour YC, Ribble CC, River Wyre YC, Wardleys Marine YC, Coniston SC and South Windermere SC.
Normally we meet just once a year to discuss matters, events and formulate a programme with a clear plan to support each clubs open regattas. Each year one of the clubs volunteers to host and organise the MBSA Cruiser Regatta and the MBSA Dinghy Regatta Weekends, the Association supports these events with special trophies and sponsorship.
Local Clubs are always welcome to join – contact Lorraine Bibby at Roa Island BC for further details.
MBSA and other Open Events in and about Morecambe Bay in 2020
- MBSA Dinghy Regatta Host – Roa Island – 11/12 July 2020.
- MBSA Cruiser Regatta Host – tbc
- Barrow SC Contact Mike Furness – T.B.A.
- Blackpool & Fleetwood SC – Contact Mark Brammer.
- Coniston SC – May Bank Holiday WE Open Regatta
- Glasson SC – Contact Roger Pearce – T.B.A. Regatta – Dinghies & Cruisers all welcome
- RIBC – Contact Paul Bibby
- Ribble CC – Contact Don Flannery
- Morecambe SC = Contact Keith Byers – 5/6 September 2020 Castlegate Security Dinghy Open Regatta